Waypoints Defined

The meaningful points along life's way.


Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight. Psalm 119:35

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

India the Interesting



I have the best travel partner I could ask for. I would not be on this adventure without him because he is the risk taker I promised to follow and support to the ends of the earth  27 years ago.  I'm not sure where the ends of the earth are, haven't gotten there yet, but this journey through 7 nations (yes, I'm counting the 8 hour drive through Kenya because it included a water filter installation!) is definitely as much about me as it is following him. What a crazy way to learn how big my God is along with this amazing international family we are a part of! If you are reading and following these posts, chances are you may be praying for us, which means you are part of any and all fruit God gives us. When we are connected to the vine (John 15) with its many different branches, we all have part in the grapes and wine it produces. Keep your wine skins ready because there is lots of new wine. 

All that to say, David has done a fantastic job writing about the 
house churches we visited in northern India where we stayed for a week with our wonderful friends, Randeep and Anu Mathews. Their house has an open door with people coming and going all day. Lots of young people with responsibilities of teaching children in slums,


 worship leaders, 


and all around serving however needed. 

Here is what David has to say:  

"Attending a house church in northern India is unlike anything I have seen or experienced anywhere else in the world. It is the Power and presence of the Holy Spirit, love, joy, amazing testimonies, healing, salvations, deliverances, community, tea, food, teaching and worship all wrapped up in one organic 2-3 hour package.


 Everyone is empowered to contribute something and every meeting looks somewhat different. There are house church meetings every night of the week and then on Sunday, they all meet together for one big celebration of all the wonderful things that God has done among them during the week. "



"The house churches are where people are saved, healed, delivered and discipled, driving the growth of the big meeting on Sunday. This makes for a dynamic combo. House churches are started when an interested "man of peace" invites a Christian over to hear more. He also invites his unsaved family and friends. Someone is touched by the love and power of God and soon many have invited Jesus into their lives. This is the beginning of a house church."

John 15:5-8 “I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in Me and I in him produces much fruit, because you can do nothing without Me. If anyone does not remain in Me, he is thrown aside like a branch and he withers. They gather them, throw them into the fire, and they are burned. If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you want and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this: that you produce much fruit and prove to be My disciples. 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your adventure. Thank you for sharing Christ wherever you go. May He continue to be your strength and joy as you continue on your pilgrimage. I will continue to keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my best friends lives in India - May God continue to bless you - RIC

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete